Memory Loss Care
Redefining Memory Loss Care…
Our safe and secure memory loss community at Harbor View Cottage is a home-like haven of professional and loving care for residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive impairments.
We are committed to preserving dignity, celebrating individuality, encouraging participation and evoking laughter, trust and love.
Specially trained staff engage each resident individually and personally at all levels of cognitive impairment in a safe, homelike environment.
Harbor View Cottage is a unique family style setting which provides a nurturing, secure environment offering socialization, companionship and enhanced quality of life. Professional caregivers, certified in Alzheimer’s care, work with the individual, physician and family to develop a lifestyle plan that addresses each resident’s physical, psychosocial and activity/recreational needs.
The community promotes feelings of success and accomplishment, contentment and self-esteem within the individual’s abilities. Activity programs during the day promote enrichment and engagement appropriate to the level of our residents. We are believers in warm, loving, compassionate and professionally skilled care.
Ongoing communication with our resident families encourages family involvement and understanding of the program to enhance the life of each resident.
Specialized, Individual Care Includes:
- Identifying each individual’s level of care needs
- Holistic approach to medication management
- Licensed staff certified in dementia care
- High staffing ratio
- Communication with physicians and family on an ongoing basis
- Healthy, well balanced home cooked meals
- Secure, safe building and grounds
- Outdoor garden walking paths
- Outdoor patio with harbor views
- Activities structured to promote wellness, socialization and fitness
- Close proximity to hospitals, rehab centers and other healthcare providers
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Laundry, linen and housekeeping services
- Elevator access
Respite Day Care Program…
Provides respite and peace of mind for caregivers and is available for early or middle stage cognitive impairment.